FedEx Ground Contractor Delivery Courier (Final Mile) Driver
FedEx Delivery Courier Driver Needed With Excellent Pay Incentive
FedEx Ground Contractor has an immediate need for professional delivery courier drivers (also known as Final Mile) in the Portland, Oregon and surrounding areas. If you are highly motivated, enthusiastic, and have an entrepreneurial spirit, there is a HIGH earning potential here for you. This position is a very fast paced physical job dealing with packages of various sizes and weights. We pick up and deliver packages on time every time regardless of the weather or traffic, meeting the delivery expectations of our customers with a smile. *For drivers with previous FedEx or similar experience, we are currently offering a $500 bonus after 90 days and a $1000 bonus at the 1 year mark .*
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading vehicles as required and verify accuracy of deliveries and pickups.
- Picking up items from designated facilities for immediate, same day delivery.
- Making deliveries in an expedited manner to specific departments, offices or persons as assigned.
- Serve customers by understanding and following instructions, displaying a professional, energetic and courteous attitude; maintain a neat appearance.
- Maintain accurate daily records.
- Operating your vehicle in a safe and respectable manner.
- Maintain proper vehicle maintenance reporting and clean appearance on a daily basis.
- Maintaining telephone or radio contact with dispatch and operations as required.
- Obtain appropriate signature on receipts for pick up or delivery.
- Interact with dispatch, operations and customer support on a daily basis regarding service orders, quality and issues of customer satisfaction.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Minimum 1 year experience operating a commercial vehicle.
- Stellar driving record. (See link for requirements: http://customcritical.fedex.com/us/owneroperator/quals/smstrtrk.shtml)
- Possession of a valid driver's license and social security card.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Must have own cell phone.
- Must be able to pass background screening.
- Ability to lift and carry packages up to and greater than 70lbs.
- Safety conscious is an absolute with no exception.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Business oriented.
- Exceptional time management.
Compensation for this position is hourly + commission. Earning potential could reach as much as $40,000 to $60,000 and is based on hours and production.
For more information about Convex and our affiliated companies, please visit our company website: https://locallogistics.net/. If this position spikes your curiosity, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter through this job ad.